Friday 2 August 2013

Zero fucking stars...

This one will be short and sweet. In order to get up close to the Himalayan mountains we first have to go through Lucknow. 8 hours on the train. Not such a bad trip. Caught up on some arrested development, ate some samosas and ipod'd my way through the journey. By the time we were in Lucknow I was pretty hungry. The only thing Lucknow is really famous for is their mutton kebabs, even though its the capital of the state.

Went to a hotel we were interested in but was a little out of our price range. Found another one called moon star hotel or something like that. Bartered the Sikh at reception down to 200 a night. The room I got is probably the biggest piece of shit I have ever been in. Actually, saying it is a piece of shit is being generous. Piss stained mattresses, stale air, bottom floor next to a kitchen, no shower and a mouse to keep us company. Zero fucking stars. I apologize for my language but I am not a happy man.

Moving on...

The kebabs were shit but cheap, the traffic is chaotic and more disorderly than the much more dense Delhi traffic, we don't think the locals like white people and did I mention anything about the hotel?

Summing up, avoid Lucknow. I would rather eat my own esophagus than visit this town again.

Tip of the day - visit lucknow, try the esophagus. :-)

3 comments:

  1. I thought Melbourne was chaotic.
    Want me to wash your sheets and turn your mattress at home?
    LS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take your dad up on that offer. You might decide to go home sooner than he thinks.
    Meanwhile, you guys are being very brave, eating mutton kebabs and staying in squalor, but just think of the stories you can tell (a) your parents (b) your wife (c) your kids and, best of all, (d) your grandchildren, because they're the ones who will think you're wonderful.
    K

    ReplyDelete